About the course
This is the first of the 5 English courses that you will need to take to reach the C1 Advanced level of English in the international CEFR standard. This course is for youth or adults, with a solid upper-intermediate level (B2) of English.
In this course, you will ...
- have extensive and guided practice in the 4 language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- learn grammar, vocabulary, expressions and common uses in English appropriate to the level.
- learn and use techniques to speak, read, listen and write in English according to the level.
- have live sessions, in group or private, to practice conversations, ask questions, interact with your classmates, clarify your doubts, and receive recommendations on your progress.
- have assignments that will help you practice and expand what you have learned on the platform and during live sessions with your teacher and / or classmates.
- receive points, badges, awards and more while you make progress in this course.
At the end of the level, you will ...
- have reached the international standard of English C1 advanced in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- be able to contribute effectively to meetings and seminars within own area of work or keep up a casual conversation with a good degree of fluency, coping with abstract
- be able to read quickly enough to cope with an academic course, to read the media for information or to understand non-standard correspondence.
- be able to prepare/draft professional correspondence, take reasonably accurate notes in meetings or write an essay which shows an ability to communicate.
- receive a Langcom certificate downloadable in PDF, which you can use to validate your level achieved, for studies, work, etc.
- be ready to prepare to successfully take the Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE), Michigan ECPE or Michigan MET Go! international exams of English, accepted by schools, universities, ministries, corporations, etc., around the world.